Jollof Rice Ready Meal
Jollof Rice Ready Meal. 300g.
A pack of this lovely delicious meal weighs 300g, and is suitable for two servings. A 150g servings contains:
- 284 Calories (KCal)
- 12% of recommended daily allowance of Fat
- 6% of recommended daily allowance of Saturates
- 10% of recommended daily allowance of Salt
For a quick hot meal, just empty content into a saucepan containing about 50 mls of boiling water, allow to boil for 3-5 minutes until water is absorbed and your meal is ready.
Can serve with slices of fried ripe plantain (dodo) or a bowl of salad.
Ideal for everyone and especially for students and very busy professionals.
Please feel free to order your ready meal jollof rice online here.
About Jollof Rice
Jollof rice is a tasty cuisine native to the Wollof tribe of Senegambia, but now eaten all over Africa, and especially popular amongst Nigerians, Ghanaians, and Senegalese.
There are various ingredients used in cooking jollof rice depending on countries and individuals. But the basic ingredient is the tomatoes which gives it colour and of course the rice.
How To Cook Jollof Rice At HomeThe jollof rice is easy to make and tasty.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups of rice
- 2 tins of tomato puree
- 1 small size finely chopped onions
- 1 table spoon of fresh atarodo (red pepper)
- salt to taste
- curry leaf or dry curry and thyme
- 2 pounds of Cooked fish, chicken or meat (optional)
- Cooked liver chopped into tiny cubes (optional)
- Chicken or meat stock
- 0.5 litre of groundnut, olive or vegetable oil
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Parboil rice.
- While rice is on fire. Cut onions into thin slices and set aside.
- Grate ginger and set aside.
- Bring down rice after 10 - 12 minutes, (make sure rice is still slightly hard).
- Wash and drain into a sieve and set aside.
- Add oil to a frying pan and fry your meat or fish to your taste.
- When you are through with frying, drain about ½ a cup of the oil into a pot.
- The oil should still be relatively hot, add your onion slices.
- When onion is tender, add your tomato puree, stirring continuously to prevent burning, this is just to allow it fry for a while.
- After about a minute, add your stock or broth into the puree, dry curry, thyme, salt, pepper and ginger to taste.
- Turn your rice into another pot, add the tomato sauce and allow on fire for about 15 more minutes or until well cooked...
Note: Its better to use another pot for the final cooking cause tomatoes has the tendency to burn.
BEST AFRI ONLINE SHOPPING by Gbenga Ajayi (London Lo UK)
I have to confess that i'm quite impressed with my first order from afrocarib..hey everyone out there if your looking for a plesant online shopping.. then you are in the right place to do that..i'm saying this because of my experience with them..buy whatever you want and leave the rest to them..i assure you..u will never be dissapointed..take it from me..highly recommended.
BEST PLANTAIN by CHRISTIAN BAPTISTE (LONDON LO UK)
I have been buying Plantain from you for quite a while now and I can categorically say you got the better Plantain selling for buying online and I am not ashamed to say that. Response From Afrocarib Dear C. Baptiste, Many thanks for your kind words and recommendation! We are committed to serving our customers as best as we can. Genuine appreciative comments like this encourages and spurs us on to do even better. Thanks. Please if you spot any area you think we need to work on, kindly let us know too. Your satisfaction is our business. Thanks again from everyone here at Afrocarib.co.uk Ngozi Customers' Satisfaction Manager Afrocarib
So Yummy by Ezeukwu uchenna Richmond (Awka An NG)
Im so much intrested, how do i get ur contact so we can have a deal, distributorship will be a good idea
Best Plantatin on line by ( )
If you don't already know where to go for the beast plantain on-line; now you do and that is afrocarrib.co.uk.
Miss by Gloria Benstowe (Port Harcourt NG)
I have tasted your product and it is supb. I am interested in your product Banga-Trofai juice. I wish if you can make me your distributor in Nigeria in order to introduce in the Nigerian Market